I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It isn’t even Halloween yet, but I can’t stop thinking about Thanksgiving. I LOVE Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all equally. They’re fun and yummy in their own way. Now when it comes to Thanksgiving, I don’t eat totally Paleo because I believe in enjoying yourself a bit here and there especially on special days IF it’s something you can tolerate. But there are so many easy and delicious Paleo recipes for Thanksgiving, and cranberry sauce is certainly one of them! I love how the sweet and sour of the cranberry sauce compliments the turkey and gives a nice alternative to gravy by lightening things up a bit.
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below. If you purchase I receive small compensation to keep this blog running.
Delicious with last years grilled turkey!
Chewy’s first solid food Thanksgiving 😊
Our little family 🤗
No Thanksgiving table is complete without it. Naturally sweetened with orange juice and maple syrup and subtle spice to add a nice zing, this Paleo Spiced Cranberry Sauce definitely needs a spot at your Thanksgiving table.
Paleo Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Serves – 8 to 10
- 1 bag (12 oz.) of Fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup (8 oz.) of Orange Juice
- Zest of 1 Large Orange
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoon of ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cloves
- A fat pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Over medium heat, stirring frequently, bring the orange juice to boil. The cranberries would start to pop at this point too.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 15 minutes, stir frequently.
- You are done when almost all the cranberries have popped, the sauce is thick and is gorgeous red in color.
- Cool in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- The cranberry sauce stays good in the fridge for up to a week and for 3 months in the freezer.
- It is perfect for making ahead before a big Thanksgiving dinner.
WHAT I USED TO MAKE MY SIMPLE HOMEMADE PALEO CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- I love that this orange juice comes in a glass and is 100% pure organic orange juice. This is a great go to if you don’t have the time to squeeze the oranges yourself or simply don’t have any on hand. And of course tastes real yummy first thing in the morning.
- This is my favorite maple syrup! Not only because of the taste but for the easy no mess squeeze bottle. I use maple syrup in my cold brew coffee every morning. I just add a quick squirt and it dissolves so quickly.
- Simply Organic is my go-to when it comes to seasonings and spices. I trust that it’s organic and in a glass preserving its freshness since they sit in the jar for quite a while.
- I’ve been using Redmond Salt for about five years now. It’s mined here in the U.S. and has all the natural minerals we NEED. It just tastes so much better too. If you buy in bulk it really does last a long time.
FREE Printable Holiday Planner!
Subscribe to get your FREE 27 page Holiday Planner!